Wednesday 1 May 2013

Solemnisation Venues on 22122013

Ever since we've decided to have our solemnisation separately this year, I've been busy researching and reading forums, emailing restaurants for ROM lunch packages. My ideas have been changing and changing and till now I can't confirm what I want.
From hotels to Fort Canning/Hort Park function rooms and to chinese and western restaurants, I've thought of so many different ideas. I've cancelled out solemnisation at hotels because they are too expensive and my budget is around $2k for the reception plus photographer. So next then would be function rooms in Hort Park, but the room is more like a meeting room which I find it very plain and so not romantic. I even thought of just ROM at the Registry and go off for a restaurant lunch with family. 

Ultimately, I do wish I can have it at my ideal location and it would have a garden feel. But I don't want an outdoor venue cos it is just not practical in Singapore. I don't wanna be drenching in sweat while saying my vows. So that leaves restaurants as the best choice. But there are so many restaurants around and I was really hoping that I can find one with nice interior garden feel.

So here's a list of the restaurants I was considering:

1) Tung Lok Signatures at The Central Clarke Quay

  • Pros - Good food and has a balcony with shelter for a "outdoor" solemnisation
  • Cons - Might be too hot as our ROM is at noon time and price of the lunch package is expensive

2) Peony Jade Clarke Quay
  • Pros - Good food and solemnisation can be done outdoors by the Singapore River or onstage in their restaurant / Price is cheaper than Tung Lok
  • Cons - None so far

3) Shin Yeh at Liang Court (under Tung Lok Group)
  • Pros - Serves taiwanese food which has a more unique menu than the above 2 restaurants / Indoor solemnisation has a romantic ambience / Price is cheapest among the 3 chinese restaurants
  • Cons - Solemnisation area is facing the entrance and passer bys can peep through

4) Blisshouse Theme Restaurant (at The Central)
  • Pros - New restaurant with indoor garden theme and very nice decor for photo taking 
  • Cons - Need min 35 pax to waive venue rental charge and this will burst our budget of $2k / Food quality unknown

Before I came to know of Blisshouse, I was more or less leaning towards Peony Jade or Shin Yeh. And then last night I happened to surf a website and saw the pictures of Blisshouse. It is so nice! And it's exactly the kind of garden feel I want! And which is not at the expense of us drenching in sweat! I am still trying to work out the budget and maybe do a one time site visit for all the restaurants since they are all within the same area. 

I'll leave you with some nice pictures of Blisshouse restaurant. :)










Updates (10/6/13): We've went for a site visit to Blisshouse and the venue doesn't look as nice as what the pictures shows. On top of that, we simply don't want to invite the min no. of 35 guests as we wanna keep it cosy and within close family and friends only. Worst of all, the lady we were liaising through email for the site visit did not turn up and couldn't be contacted through her HP. Very bad impression of their service. Like can't be bothered and super unprofessional. Therefore I've went on to search for other venues after that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment